Epsom Primary and Nursery School are looking for a creative and inspiring EYFS Assistant to work with our 2 – 3 year olds. This is a fixed term contract from September 2021 to 31 August 2022 with the possibility of an extension, funding permitted.
STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD – COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM.
Thank you for showing an interest in our recent Early Years vacancy.
Epsom Primary & Nursery School is a very special place to work, where community is at the heart of our school. Our motto ‘Every Person Shines’, reflects our commitment to nurturing talent and creating an environment where wellbeing, achievement and personal growth are key to our success for pupils and staff alike.
We are an innovative, inclusive and forward thinking school made up of friendly, enthusiastic and highly dedicated staff. We wish to attract and retain the most ambitious teaching and support staff and we reward talent and drive with professional development, leadership and/or additional responsibilities.
In our Early Years environment, teamwork, drive and commitment are rewarded with innovative solutions, which allow for a fair and satisfying work life. We are a friendly, creative team who put the children at the heart of our work. Our aim is to provide high quality rich life experiences through the indoor and outdoor learning environments.
We would warmly welcome all potential candidates to come for a tour of our Early Years provision and we are able to conduct visits in a Covid Secure way. Please visit our website to get a flavour of our environment and how you could flourish at our school. If you would like to arrange a tour please contact Madeleine Smith, HR Manager. We look forward to hearing from you.
· Hours: 32.5 hours per week. 8.30am – 3.30pm (including 30 mins unpaid lunchbreak).
· Weeks: Term Time Only.
· Salary Scale: Surrey S3 (full time equivalent £18,013 to £18,957) Salary on appointment is dependent on experience and qualifications.
· Actual Salary: Pro Rata from £13,631 (S3.1 FTE £18,013).
· Duration: Fixed Term to 31/08/2022
· Closing Date: Sunday 3/10/2021 (midnight).
· Interviews: Thursday 07/10/ 2021.
Do you have what it takes to make a significant contribution to our school?
· We are looking for a committed and friendly individual to join our supportive and experienced team.
· The successful candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to demonstrate the following qualities require to be effective in this important role, friendly, fair, flexible, proactive, confident and positive.
· Candidates must enjoy working with children and be able to use their initiative.
· Experience of working with children aged 2-4 years an advantage.
· NVQ Level 2/3 in Early Years Education or equivalent (relevant to EYFS) desirable.
· Experience of using Tapestry an advantage.
A full person specification and job description are available to download from the e-teach website.
The interview process will include a task and interview. The panel will include the Deputy Head and EYT EYFS.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a particularly strong candidate. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Epsom Primary and Nursery School is a forward thinking and innovative school, with ambition and educational excellence at the core of its values.
The school has excellent facilities including a high tech library and a nurture room. We have a Family Centre on site and currently have 498 children on roll.
We are proud of our diversity and work hard to ensure that we offer an inclusive and supportive environment for all of our children. Our children’s learning, development and wellbeing are at the heart of everything we do.
We cannot accept CVs. This post requires an Enhanced DBS disclosure and all relevant safeguarding checks. Epsom Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We promote diversity and want a workforce, which reflects the population of our community.
To apply please:
Download the application pack from e-teach website
Complete the application form
Email to the HR email address shown in the application form
Include the job title in the email subject
To apply for this job email your details to HR@epsom.surrey.sch.uk.